Rhubarb Update

Split rhubarb transplants

Split rhubarb transplants

My Craig’s list search worked!   I got two replies and one of them panned out.    The folks were thrilled to get rid of plants that they had no use for and to not end up with big holes where they were.

I got three overgrown plants that were too far gone to try to transplant.   I did it anyway.   For the cost of three bags of soil, which was less than one of the many nursery pots of rhubarb I bought, I got three huge plants.

I brought them home split them and planted them.   Now we can cross our fingers,  treat them well, and hope that  few of my new splits make a go of it. Next year at this time I will have at least a couple new plants, if I am lucky more than that.

Advertisements

2 comments on “Rhubarb Update

I'd love it if you let me know what you thought of this post.

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s